Summer gives you permission to stop trying so hard. Resign yourself to drinking all day outside. Read for pleasure. And absolutely do not stress about preparing an elaborate dinner.
One of our favorite go to meals is during the hot days of summer is:
Summer Chicken Wraps
- 12oz chicken breasts, cooked, cooled, and sliced into strips
- 4 burrito- sized flour tortillas
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt & pepper
Lay tortillas out on a clean dry surface then spread 2 Tablespoons of hummus over each tortilla. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, and sliced chicken between tortillas then sprinkle with salt and pepper, roll and slice.
We also love this quick weekend snacks
- 5 pounds seedless baby watermelon, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, torn in half lengthwise
- Store-bought balsamic glaze
On 6-inch skewers, thread 3 pieces watermelon with 1/2 slice prosciutto folded between each. Generously drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.